Saturday, November 6, 2010

Sick

I'm sick. Not just a little sick, sicker than I've been since I was expecting my 6 year old son in December of 2003. Really, sick. Debilitating sick. I have sinusitis, the same I had in 2003, except this time it struck harder and faster than ever before. I haven't eaten in almost 4 days and have been staying alive on pedialyte. I'm so pale that my daughter told me she was scared of me, and my son said that I was so hot that hugging me made him sweat. With a fever of 100.2, I finally got into the doctor yesterday. I'd lost 5lbs in 3 days. Scary when you are 31 weeks pregnant. So, I'm on amoxicillan for the next 14 days, and hopefully it will clear up soon. No relief yet. She said that my eardrums looked like balloons about to pop they were so full of fluid and that if they burst to call her for some drops to prevent and infection there as well. Lots of coughing and nose blowing, but the sinus pain and pressure remain a terrible reminder that I ignored this illness a bit too long. Oops, sorry, I was too busy being Mommy!

I'd like to give a shout-out to the PCM I just found yesterday! She's less than 5 minutes drive from my house, got me in on a Friday, even though I was a new patient, and I was in and out in about 25 minutes. My blood pressure was FABULOUS, and she was very thorough! She was as confused as I was as to why my OB felt this illness was not her problem, and advised me to go to a PCM instead of coming to her office. She said that if it were her, she would have wanted me to see the OB so there could be a quick check on the baby with the possible dehydration (I'm not, because I've been drinking 4 Liters of Pedialyte/day since I was throwing up, but my OB does not know I'm not dehydrated) and weight loss (5 lbs in 3 days in the 3rd trimester isn't good for anyone, common sense, right!?). She was awesome! I haven't had a PCM (Primary care Manager) since 2002, so it's nice to finally have a doctor I can visit when I'm sick!

Here's hoping I feel better soon because the chores around here are piling up! Ack, where's my Sister Wife!?


Also, a Thanksgiving update...my Mother convinced my step-father to cancel their trip to MI. They will be coming here for Thanksgiving with my Great Aunt, so there will be 8 of us. I'm glad they are coming, but I know that it comes at a price since they were both more than content to go to MI and not have anything to do with us. I just have to put that behind me, and make it a nice lesson for my kids in being the bigger person. Here's hoping I can be successful.


Blinkie Graphics Generator at TextSpace.net,

1 comment:

  1. Um...where's the hubby while all this is going on. Can he pick up some of the house work slack while your sick? I'm worried about the weight loss. You really shouldn't be doing anything until you build yourself back up. I'm thankful you've found a good doctor close by. I'll say extra prayers for you.
    I think it's good news about your mom. Think of it as a starting point. A fresh starting point. See where it goes from there.
    But first things first. You've got to get better and I hate to say it, but: get your husband off his butt. I hope that doesn't offend you. I've just come to care about you and I get frustrated you're not getting help. You take care of everyone else. You deserve to be taken care of, too.

    ReplyDelete