Sunday, March 20, 2011

I don't know what I'm doing


Original Photo




Altered Photo


I've wanted photoshop for years. YEARS. I finally got it when Chris and I ordered new laptops with our tax return money. Did I NEED a laptop? Not really, but it sure is nice to be able to sit upstairs in the room with the kids and check my e-mail and blogs. Anyway, with my laptop we also ordered Photoshop Elements 9. It's awesome, so I hear, but I have NO IDEA what I'm doing. I sat and played with it for nearly 2 hours last night and this is what I produced. 1 altered photo. All I managed to do was to turn the brownish/greenish grass gray and that's pretty much it. Sigh. I think I need to read the book Chris bought me.


<3 Sabrina

2 comments:

  1. I am a self taught Photoshop girl. I've never read a book or taken a tutorial but I worked for two years in an office where my only job was to answer phones and no ONE EVER CALLED. So I played with Photoshop, Power Point, Excel, etc and learned all kinds of fun stuff. Now I'm pro. PRO! haha. I think its easier if you find someone who knows it and just watch them for a while. Books are so hard to follow, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would get Lightroom instead, lol. I LOVE Lightroom and it's so easy to use

    ReplyDelete